|Your pets need not suffer during the Covid-19 outbreak
*** Many of the restrictions have now been lifted ***
At Churchcroft Vets we are committed to continuing to provide necessary health care to our patients. To reduce client movements we are delaying just a few types of procedure to balance the risks to clients and patients.
Please call us on 0115 922 4855 so that we can help you help your pet
We have instituted a number of measures to ensure we can do this safely for both staff and clients alike.
Amongst the actions we are taking are:
- We collect all patients from the car park or front garden. We provide a disinfected lead for all dogs and disinfect cat boxes on collection and return.
- Clients are asked to no longer enter the building.
- We examine and treat your pet in our disinfected consulting room with you on the phone to discuss your and your pet’s needs.
- We have reduced the number of clients we see per hour. This allows us to fully disinfect all contact points between clients.
- We are using single use protective equipment for all patients seen so we cannot transfer disease between clients.
- We are assessing patient care requirements and where possible providing these remotely via video link or telephone (telemedicine).
- We are using contactless payments over the phone for all payments. If cash is the only option it is bagged and taken out of circulation for a week.
- We are disinfecting all client equipment (leads, cat boxes) left at the practice during hospital visits before returning to the owner.
- We are questioning all clients for signs of ill health that might point to Coronavirus and making alternative arrangements for their pet care if they are considered an enhanced risk.
With all these measures in place we are confident that we can continue to look after the needs of our patients and ensure they do not have to suffer during this pandemic.
Keep safe, stay well
From your dedicated Churchcroft Vets team