George has been treating my dog, Buddie, over the last few months and has shown compassion and caring towards him and was genuinely interested in ensuring his recovery. Would highly recommend George and all the staff at Churchcroft.
Den Making For The Fireworks Season
Fireworks might provide excitement to our celebrations but for many of our pets they are not so much fun.
Making a safe place in your home in the form of a den is a good way to provide your cat or dog with a feeling of safety and security.
- Make a den in a part of the house they are comfortable in
- This is helpful throughout the year but especially important during the firework season.
- Preparation is key as your pet will gain most security if they are familiar and comfortable with the den in advance. Allow at least two weeks for this.
- This is somewhere your pet can come and go as they please and is their own safe place
- The den needs to be big enough to stand up, turn around, lie down and stretch out
- Place familiar smelling bedding in the den, you could put an old jumper of yours in there as well as their bed.
- Positive associations need to be built with the den (see photo of Jagger with a treat).
- Cover the den with a thick blanket, this will soften sounds and cut out some of the flashing of fireworks.
For more free advice call us on 0115 922 4855
Don't forget to ensure your pet's id is up to date